As featured on
In the gardens of Thom Pellikan’s backyard on Red Oak Mountain last Saturday with a breathtaking view of Rappahannock and beyond, nearly 100 guests were treated to performances by Castleton’s world-class musicians. The evening featured Metropolitan Opera mezzo-soprano Michelle DeYoung and tenor Paul Groves, as well as Castleton Chamber Players Eric Silberger, Daniel Lelchuk and Bradley Moore. They performed favorites like Gershwin’s “Summertime,” “The Swan” for cello and “Silent Lips” from Léhar’s “The Merry Widow.”
Rapp News and Foothills Forum are continuously covering the impact of COVID-19 on our community. Sign up to have the C-19 Daily Update delivered to your inbox every morning.
Click here to sign up...
Community support for the nonprofit, nonpartisan Foothills Forum provides research and reporting about Rappahannock County matters, in collaboration with the Rappahannock News.
Here's our work so far...
- Body believed to be of missing woman found in Shenandoah National Park
- New store manager at Williams Tree Service gives store a fresh face
- Search continues for woman whose missing ‘wrecked and abandoned’ car found in Shenandoah National Park
- Search underway for missing person in Shenandoah National Park
- COVID-19 rising again in Virginia and Rappahannock
- County supervisors deny application to rezone 35-acre Sperryville property in 4-1 vote
- Happy 200 + 1, Sperryville!
- Facing perceived threat, supervisors scrambled to adopt solar utility ordinance
- State recommends requiring masks in schools but leaves decision to local districts
- Comment: The Delta Variant is coming. Make sure it’s not coming for you.
- Humidity: 87%
- Cloud Coverage:30%
- Wind: 2 mph
- UV Index: 9 Very High
- Sunrise: 06:09:50 AM
- Sunset: 08:27:38 PM
Areas of patchy fog early. Morning clouds will give way to afternoon sunshine. High 93F. Winds light and variable.
Clear skies. Low 68F. Winds light and variable.
Mostly sunny skies. Hot. High 93F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.