As featured on
The COVID-19 vaccination campaign is underway in the Rappahannock Rapidan Health District that serves Rappahannock, Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison and Orange counties, albeit a slow start.
This week CVS Health will become the first pharmacy in the commonwealth to offer vaccinations through the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, but Virginia health officials are expressing frustration over the logistical hurdles to rolling out the pharmacy program equitably.
Rapp News and Foothills Forum are continuously covering the impact of COVID-19 on our community. Sign up to have the C-19 Daily Update delivered to your inbox every morning.
Click here to sign up...
Community support for the nonprofit, nonpartisan Foothills Forum provides research and reporting about Rappahannock County matters, in collaboration with the Rappahannock News.
Here's our work so far...
- Commentary: Re: the ‘hippie invasion’
- New legislation strengthens ‘conservation purpose’ of land easements
- Coronavirus updates: The local impact
- USPS applies ‘a lot of pressure’ to open Washington PO by June
- Senior Spotlight: Camron Wayland
- It pays to pick up trash
- Virginia investigating woman who died after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- ‘I wouldn’t trade it for anything’
- Supervisors take on the road more traveled
- Local health provider expands access for uninsured
- Humidity: 37%
- Cloud Coverage:59%
- Wind: 8 mph
- UV Index: 5 Moderate
- Sunrise: 06:34:20 AM
- Sunset: 07:50:58 PM
Partly cloudy. High near 60F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Mainly clear skies. Low around 40F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
A mix of clouds and sun in the morning followed by cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 62F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.