On Sunday, the Culpeper Police Department says a man was "yelling suicidal statements" as he climbed the 250-foot-tall Verizon cell phone tower off Old Brandy Road. Officers were able to de-escalate the situation and the man was safely returned to the ground and transported to the hospital for a mental health evaluation and treatment of self-inflicted injuries.
Rapp News and Foothills Forum are continuously covering the impact of COVID-19 on our community. Sign up to have the C-19 Daily Update delivered to your inbox every morning.
Click here to sign up...
Community support for the nonprofit, nonpartisan Foothills Forum provides research and reporting about Rappahannock County matters, in collaboration with the Rappahannock News.
Here's our work so far...
- Rappahannock County Public Schools announce new high school principal
- Virginia plans to end COVID-19 restrictions on June 15
- Now that’s entertainment: ‘Everybody would get drunk, fight, and run their horses around town’
- World-renowned chef touts Pen Druid’s brews
- Northam issues state of emergency to address gas supply disruptions
- Behind the Badge: A Look at the Rappahannock County Sheriff’s Office, Part 2
- The state minimum wage is on the rise. What does it mean for Rappahannock businesses?
- Commentary: A successful day, a cleaner county
- Coronavirus updates: The local impact
- Searchers find body believed to be missing 18-year-old in Shenandoah National Park
- Humidity: 76%
- Cloud Coverage:41%
- Wind: 2 mph
- UV Index: 8 Very High
- Sunrise: 06:01:12 AM
- Sunset: 08:17:07 PM
Sunny to partly cloudy. High near 70F. Winds light and variable.
Some clouds this evening will give way to mainly clear skies overnight. Low 47F. Winds light and variable.
Partly cloudy. High 73F. Winds light and variable.